Moving into the Canterbury City Council area

Use this form to tell us you're moving into the Canterbury City Council area

You will be asked to provide:

  • Your new address and contact details
  • Correspondence address (if different)
  • The date you moved in
  • The date you completed the purchase (if applicable)
  • The date your tenancy started (if applicable)
  • Your landlord's details (if applicable)
  • If you've ever paid Council Tax or claimed benefit in the area before, the address you used to live at and the dates you lived there, if known
  • How you would like to pay and your bank details, if by Direct Debit.
  • Privacy statement

    To provide this service Canterbury City Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

    Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

    Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).