Moving within or out of the Canterbury City Council area

Use this form to tell us you're moving within or out of the Canterbury City Council area

Please complete one of the following forms if either of these scenarios apply to you:

  • you are moving out of your home and in with friends or family
  • some, but not all of your household is moving out of your property
  • Otherwise, please continue with this form to tell us about your move.

    You will be asked to provide:

  • Your Council Tax account reference (you can find this on your Council Tax bill)
  • The date you moved out
  • The date you sold the property (if applicable)
  • The date your tenancy ended (if applicable)
  • Your landlord's details (if applicable)
  • Details of any new household members
  • Your bank details, if you're moving within the area and setting up a new Direct Debit
  • Privacy statement

    To provide this service Canterbury City Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.

    Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.

    Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).